Yard/Fork Truck Operative (Full-Time) – POSITION FILLED
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Yard/Fork Truck Operative to join our busy team.
Main Purpose of Job:
Overall responsibility of transporting, loading/unloading and locating vehicles on-site in accordance with inventory records and the site storage systems.
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicles from vehicle transporters & designated racking trees, along with transporting vehicles across the site;
- Assist in removing specific parts from vehicles as directed in preparation of sale and reuse;
- Liaise with staff and use inventory records to ensure vehicles are allocated a correct location and regular stock checks are completed, along with assisting in selecting and preparing of vehicles cleared for dismantling;
- Ensuring the yard and storage compound areas are consistently well maintained and organised with the aim of improving space efficiency while adhering to health & safety practices;
- Demonstrate the ability of working alone efficiently, while planning & completing tasks within a set timeframe;
- Carry out daily fork truck maintenance/defect checks following company procedures;
- Maintain continual awareness and compliance of health and safety procedures and regulations through training development as directed by the company; and
- Ongoing communication with staff members and managers in order to fulfill the above tasks effectively.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the company.
- Full driving licence
- Current Fork Truck Licence
- Some previous experience in working in a similar position/working environment, or a good knowledge and interest in motor vehicles
- Ability to work outside in all weathers
- Capability to take direction and work alone
- Full-Time (40 hours)
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30
- Competitive hourly rate
- Weekly Pay
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount
- 20 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Training Opportunities
- Some Flexibility with Hours
- Over-Time availability
Ref: YFTO Version 1. Classification: Public
For all vacancies please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role you are interested in as the subject line, or alternatively please bring your CV into us.